The delivery level on the requested delivery data has risen significantly
Milcobel is the largest Belgian dairy group. The cooperative includes 2,777 dairy farmers that co-define Milcobel’s policy.
More than 2,000 employees distributed over 8 production sites ensure that 1.2 billion litres of milk are processed to produce cheese, milk powder, butter, cream, milk, milk drinks and ice cream each year. A few of the best known brands of the group are Inza, Dixmuda and Oud Brugge. This last product is made at the Moorslede site that guarantees the production of consumer cheese.
- PROCESS CONTROL: Managing the production process based on formulas instead of experience
- EFFICIENCY: Cheese treatment planning is essential and a very delicate process
- COVERING FACTORY: The entire cheese production process (from salt to shipment) must be automated
- INTERFACING: Link with the ERP system
- TRACEABILITY: Tracking and tracing also have the highest priority at Milcobel as is the case at all food producers
Milcobel decided to implement Objective MES and WMS in view of the many years of collaborating and the specific "cheese maturing module" of Objective.
The MES/WMS combination influences 3 important flows in the production:
- Cheese treatment lines/maturing rooms
- Work planning based on formulas/visualisation
- Correct stock at the right place
- Lot tracing
- Replacement of reach trucks by warehouse cranes
- Weighing and shipping
- Optimum planning of weighing orders
- Management from the package of specifications
- The raw material is picked in accordance with the specifications
- Pallet form: identification and tracing
- Group pallets based on the location where they are put ready
- Scanning pallets when loading cargo
- Interface the weight, lot information and empty items with the ERP system
- Failure registration
- Analysis in accordance with the item/failure reason
- Basis for process optimisation
- Up-to-date and true stock picture
- Increase of the productivity of the forklift truck operators because of a better combination of the different internal movement tasks
- Since work is more task driven, not only are the operators supported in a correct and cost-efficient manner but the machines also take over part of the work
- The production processes are continuously optimised
- Production process reliability has increased considerably
- An important Key Performance Indicator (KPI) is the effective delivery on the requested delivery date. This KPI has increased significantly.