Objective supports raw material reception, storage and production logistics in addition to production operations
Astra Sweets produces different types of sweets of a high quality. The parent company is established in Turnhout (Belgium). In addition, there are production locations Breda and Harlingen in the Netherlands. Astra Sweets has grown from being a small-scale cottage industry enterprise into a company with advanced production and packaging machines.
The range of sweets consists of all types of gums, liquorice, peppermints, marshmallows, sherbet-filled flying saucers and foam sweets that are sold all over the world.
- Correct shutdown registration
- OEE on an order, item and machine level
- Monitoring of indirect tasks (maintenance and cleaning orders, experiences and training)
- Making the correct sweets with the right ingredients and in accordance with the correct parameters
- Achieving higher production volumes
Astra Sweets decided to have a phased implementation of Objective WMS and Objective MES linked to their ERP system. All production and logistics operations now run synchronously.
- Managing product operations
- Registering goods reception and storage (SSCC labelling)
- Supporting production logistics
- Recipe management
- Monitoring machine performance (OEE)
- Managing packaging lines
- 100% traceability
- Higher machine efficiency
- Better quality
- Less waste
- Fewer errors
- Higher service level